Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Pet Rock Is More Qualified Than Sarah Palin To Be Vice President

Well, no, I can't just leave this alone. I joined this little group "My Pet Rock Is More Qualified Than Sarah Palin To Be Vice President" on Facebook (I'm a student again, I need to engage in such things to put off calculating chemical reactions and being scared by differential equations!). I thought it was just a joke, but sadly, I'm beginning to think it's true. At least my pet rock doesn't say much to offend me.

Is this woman for real? Yeah, yeah, yeah, the media is being unduly hard on her, I know. Bullshit. The media is hard on everyone and it's not the media's fault that she doesn't know which newspapers she reads ("All of them"--yeah, right) or who Hamas is. To quote Jon Stewart, "Jeeeezzussss."

I've been catching the slow-release Katie Couric news clips and am in awe. Seriously, I could have come up with something to say where she said nothing and talked herself in a circle. At least I know what newspapers I read (The New York Times daily, occasionally the Seattle Times, Boston Globe, and Washington Post, USA Today only when I have to and the International Herald Tribune, when abroad, and yes, I have been to more countries than Sarah Palin). Really, is this the best they have to offer? Couldn't Karl Rove put someone a little more credible up for grabs. When Palin debuted and the McCain camp said they were hoping to get some of the Hillary supporters I was a bit insulted--clearly Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton don't stand for the same thing. Now, it's just abundantly clear that Sarah Palin doesn't know what she stands for because she's so politically illiterate it hurts to watch her (though it is a bit like bad comedy and I'll be watching the VP debate with bated breath tonight!). This woman is completely unqualified for the position she may, but hopefully will not get to, fill.

Well, I know she can see Russia from her home state and that qualifies her as an expert on Puty Poo. In fact, I used to be able to see Canada from my old town and you know what, it looked pretty good!

2 comments:

Lia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lia said...

I was enjoying being out of the loop a little too much while I was sailing in AK and missed a lot kof the initial VP buzz. The first thing I actually saw of her was the SNL skit. When I started You Tubing her speeches and interviews and realized they weren't making fun of her, she ACTUALLY says those things I couldn't believe it. It should be funny, but my sense of humor is waning. The Couric interview is painful to watch. Good thing we have our passports!
Off to watch the circus...I mean the debates.